I
You lined me up
for the cue ball's blast
or some fortune that causes tightening skin
and fur to raise
I left my life to meet
your mouth and hands
my eyes and deep vacancies
You lined me up
with flirtatious grin
a secret glance
we devoured love in
the inbetween hours
the ones no one missed
the inbetween hours
the ones no one missed
You lined the walls of my heart
such congestion has caused death
covenants always know
guardians fell blind
we danced in their unknowing
we danced in their unknowing
You lined the dress that touched
my thigh, and cried when I cried
You lined the phrases of my youth
You lined the shape of my body
You lined the horror of my next-day truths
and now
it is your voice, and hands, and eyes that line the silence
it is your voice, and hands, and eyes that line the silence
No comments:
Post a Comment